Here I'm giving a brief description about Hatha Yoga and its benefits by Mentally and Physically, if u practice regularly and what are the different paths of Yoga?
What is Yoga?
The sage Patanjali defines Yoga as "Chitta Vritti Nirodha"(RajaYoga Sutras,1.2) meaning, "Yoga is the suspension of the modifications of the mind". Controlling the mind is not possible without controlling the prana(Breath), as the two intimately connected.
The word Yoga comes from the sanskrit word "Yuj" meaning "Union or Unity, Unity of Mind and Body".
What is Hatha Yoga?
The meaning of Hatha Yoga is Ha is Sun, tha is Moon, the combination of Sun and Moon is called Hatha Yoga. This sun and moon also plays a vital role in our human body. Two nerve-currents coming from the base of our spine twisted around the spinal-Column and connect to the brain and to the centre point of our eye-brows where Anjana Chakra is Located. These two nadis is known as Ida Nadi and Pingala Nadi. The left one is called Ida Nadi (Moon) and Right one is called Pingala Nadi (Sun).
Four Main Branches of Yoga.
- Karma Yoga-Selfless service (Without Expecting anything from anyone and doing the service to others, ort service to Guru.
- Bhakthi Yoga- the yoga of devotion( Chanthing Mantras, Kirtans, by surrendering ones life undeer the feets of God.
- Raja Yoga- the yoga of mind control or cultivating the mind's potential for concentration and meditaiton or transcending the mind for the purpose of physical and mental discipline.
- Jnana Yoga- the yoga of knowledge, the philosophical approach. The path of discernment and wisdom, as taught in the Upanishads.
Physical Benefits of Practicing Hatha Yoga.
Hatha Yoga which means "yoga for Health". Many people are attracted to hatha yoga for its ability to relieve the effects of stress, but it offers much more. Studies conducted all over the world have shown that hatha yoga can relieve the symptoms of several common and potentially life threatening illnesses such as Arthritis, arteriosclerosis, chronic fatigue, diabetes,Asthma and obesity. Many believe it even fends off the ravages of old age.
Hatha Yoga provides the needs for people of any age not only to get and stay in shape, but also to develop balance, coordination, and a sense of centeredness. It renews, invigorates and heals the body_stretching and toning the muscles, joints and Spine and directing blood and oxygen to the internal organs.(including the glands and nerves).
Unlike conventional forms of exercise, such as Weight training, Walking, Biking, or Hiking, Hatha Yoga stresses quality of movement over quantity. A regular practice of Hatha Yoga can bring quitness to your mind, refresh the Body, relaxation and happiness to your mind and body. However to reap the maximum benefits of Hatha yoga practice regularily.
When practiced regularly and correctly, hatha yoga has no such negative effects either inner or outer body.
Physical Benefits of Hatha Yoga.
- Refreshes and Renews the Body.
- Assist the Cardiovascular function.
- Helps to increase the blood circulaton to each and every point of the our Body.
- Gives flexibility to the spine and the moveable joints.
- Relaxes the nerves system.
- Stimulates the glands of the endocrine system.
- Boosts the immune systems.
- strengthens, tones and builds muscles, improves mascular-skeletal conditions such as bad knees, tight shoulders and neck.
- Refresh the body by relieveing muscle strain.
- Heal an injury or strengthen a weak back.
Mental Benefits of Hatha Yoga.
- Gives Relief from Stress and Strains.
- Relieves chronic stress patterns in the body.
- Positive Thinking.
- Gives Steadyness to our Mind.
- Clears and Calms the Mind.
- Relaxation to our Mind.
- Develops Concentration.
- Focuses Attention.
- Improves Metabolic Function.
Difference between Practicing Muscle Building Exercises and Yoga Practice.
- The fundamental difference is that Yoga exercise oppose violent muscle movement, as this cause fatigue, muscle stiffness and injury.
- Mascular development does not necessarily mean a healthy body.Helaht is the state of body when all organs function perfectly under the intelligent control of the mind.
- The stretching of Musule forces blood through the valves of the veins;inverted postures use gravity to force the blood back to the heart. All of this strengthens and stretches the heart and increases the volume of blood circulated.
Muscle Building Exercises.
- Emphasises violent movements of the muscles. This produces large quantities of lactic acid in the muscles fibres, causing fatigue.
- A strong body is necessary to undergo stresses and strains of daily life.However, the mind is not incontrol, short-term health may give license to indulge in an unhealthy life-style. (Abuse of steriods, stimulants etc..
- Relies solely on aerobic exercise to increase heart pumping and thereby circulation. This produces tremendous strain on the heart.
- Violent movements exceed the muscle and circulation limits, causing fatigue.
Hari Om tatsat.
Om namo Bhagavate Sivanandaya.
Om namo Bhagavate Vishnudevanandaya.